Simple, fast, secure online bookings
for the independent traveller
- Founded in 2003 in Barcelona.
- Leading brand budgetplaces.com with over 700 city destinations.
- 47 destination-focused websites. Over 5,000 directly contracted collaborating 1, 2 & 3 star hotels, hostels, apartments and bed & breakfasts worldwide.
- 25,000 online reservations every month and growing.
- 90,000 room nights processed per month and growing.
- Basic, reliable, affordable accommodation with easy access to the essential monuments and attractions of every destination we offer.
- Management team information
EnGrande quick facts & stats
Creator of the “€30 per night” concept – unique, independent, well-located budget accommodation at a specific target price per person, per night.
- EnGrande provides instant online bookings for the dates you require in the location you want - no fuss, no delays.
- budgetplaces.com is available as a mobile version and offers a free iPhone application – accommodation bookings from your iPhone. Anywhere, anytime.
- 65 employees, from a total of 25 nationalities.
- 2010 gross bookings: €60 million.
- 2009 gross bookings: €43 million.
EnGrande Company Milestones
- In early January, budgetplaces.com launches its first loyalty program, My budgetplaces, which awards direct discounts to repeat bookers.
- The budgetplaces.com youtube channel climbs up to #33 among the most viewed youtube channels worldwide in January 2011.
- During Q1, the first budgetplaces.com facebook game goes live: Thousands of travelers enter the contest which requires them to prove their travel destination knowledge.
- EnGrande continues to grow at a rapid pace: After adding new destinations across all continents, including Montreal, Melbourne, Sydney and Los Angeles, the total number of destinations rises to over 400.
- In December 2010, budgetplaces.com integrates Offset Options into its booking process: Budget travelers can now make their hotel stay carbon neutral by supporting eco-projects of their choice.
- The official budgetplaces.com brand channel on youtube is launched in Q3. By the end of 2010, the channel registers 2.5 million video views.
- As the volcanic ash clouds paralyse European air traffic for days in April 2010, budgetplaces.com spontaneously launches its Volcano campaign: thousands of affected customers are able to change their reservations free of charge.
- budgetplaces.com kicks off a PR campaign in the UK market and is featured by the Financial Times, Daily Mirror, Travel Daily UK, The Times and many others throughout the year.
- Both the budgetplaces.com iPhone app and mobile version are launched in Q1. Budget travelers can now book their quality budget accommodation directly from their iPhone or other smartphone.
- budgetplaces.com learns even more languages: google translator is integrated in the website, making budgetplaces.com available in 18 languages.
- EnGrande goes global: More than 25 new destinations are added throughout the year, including Rio de Janeiro, Marrakech, Sydney and Florence. A total of over 50 cities is reached.
- The number of directly contracted hotel establishments keeps growing fast and reaches a total of 3,500 independent hotels, hostels, apartments and bed & breakfasts. New places in new destinations are added daily.
- A mobile version and an iPhone application of budgetplaces.com are launched in Q4. Instant accommodation booking is now possible from any mobile device, anywhere, anytime.
- Budgetplaces.com is featured in media throughout Spain. The nº1 for low-cost travel accommodation appears in FHM Spain, elPeriodico, La Vanguardia, amongst others.
- Relaunch of Apartmentsi.com – EnGrande now also offers all of its apartments on a focussed site.
Directly contracted collaborating establishments pass 3,000 mark., with more independent hotels, hostels, apartments and bed & breakfasts joining daily.
Over 7 million page views per month on EnGrande websites achieved.
- EnGrande introduces it's new leading brand, budgetplaces.com – accommodation in all of our destination cities is now available on one web site.
Launch of Buenos Aires, New York, Vienna and Budapest sites in Q1; Istanbul, Athens, Krakow and Lisbon follow throughout the year.
New site language versions go live – EnGrande offers Paris35 in Japanese and all of our city websites in their own local language, including Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Turkish, Greek and Portuguese.
Launch of London, Berlin, Rome, Prague, Dublin, Amsterdam, Seville, Mallorca, Valencia and Istanbul reservations websites.
EnGrande now works with 1,700 online establishments in 14 destinations.
Italian language functionality added to all EnGrande websites.
2007 gross bookings: €21 million
All websites launched in English, Spanish and French.
25,000 people make reservations with Barcelona30.com.
2005 gross bookings: €3.4 million.
EnGrande creates the €30 per person, per night concept.
Signs up over 200 cool Barcelona hostels, apartments, hotels and urban bed & breakfasts.
EnGrande begins managing tourist apartments in Barcelona
Provides online booking service as well as property management.
Licensed tourist apartment operator: REAT# EB-00159
| || ||
Own or manage a budget